Department of Anatomy
The Department of Anatomy, KIMS is situated at Banashankari 2nd stage, Bangalore, in the First floor of the college building. The Department has nine teaching staff members, twelve postgraduate students and about fifteen non teaching staff. It has a spacious Dissection hall with the capacity to accommodate 250 students and a Histology laboratory with required number of Microscopes and a capacity to accomodate 100 students. There is a well equipped Post Graduate histology lab to carry out the staining procedures and to prepare the slides for teaching as well as research purposes. The Department has an excellent museum where the dissected specimens, embryology models, osteology embryology and comparative anatomy specimens and also anthropometry instruments are displayed. There is a Department Library with all the required latest edition Anatomy books as well as reference books related to the subject. Various state, national and international journals are also available. There are demonstration class rooms for teaching small batches. A good spacious gallery class room is available for conducting theory classes with facilities of various teaching methods like black board, OHP and LCD projectors.
Department of Anatomy Facilities
Department of Anatomy Faculty
|. Dr Shubha R, MBBS, MS. Professor||E mail id - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Roshni Bajpe, MBBS,MS. Professor||Email id - email@example.com|
|Dr Lalitha C, MSc (Medical) PhD (Medical). Professor and Head||E mail id - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Jeyanthi K, MBBS, MD. Associate Professor||E mail id - email@example.com|
|Dr Suman U, MBBS, MD. Assistant Professor||E mail id - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Pushpa Gowda, MBBS, MD. Assistant Professor||E mail id - email@example.com|
|Dr Mouna Subbaramaiah, MBBS, MD. Assistant Professor||E mail id - firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr Archana R, MBBS, MD. Assistant Professor||E mail id - email@example.com|
There is an active body donation programme going on in the department for the past 10 years and about 150 registrations and 60 donationns have taken place till now.
The department is involved in Under Graduate and Post Graduate Teaching in both Medical and Paramedical Courses.
- Theory classes conducted for first year MBBS students
- Dissection classes conducted daily for first year MBBS students
- Histology practical classes conducted four days in a week for first year MBBS students
- Theory, Histology practicals ,Dissection classes conducted twice a week for First year Dental students
- Paramedical teaching both theory and practical classes conducted for First year Physiotherapy and Nursing students
- Postgraduate teaching programme conducted for Dental, and Orthopaedic students once a week
- Postgraduate teaching for the students of MD Anatomy like Prosections , Histology Slide Discussion, Seminars and Journal clubs are conducted regularly
- Internal Assesments are conducted as per RGUHS schedule
- Anatomy classes for Mobility India students are conducted twice a week
- Postgraduate dissertation work is being carried out in the Department
- Various Research projects are being conducted by the teaching staff
- Publications in various Research fields by all the teaching staff and postgraduate students are carried out effectively
- Active participation of postgraduate students and teaching staff in various conferences both at National and International levels by presenting papers.
- Has conducted a National level Anatomy quiz for MBBS students in a National Conference at KIMS COLLEGE – KARMIC 2014 in the month of April 2014.
- Has conducted a National CME Programme on Museum Techniques and Embalming in the year 2010 December
- Teaching Staff also involved in conducting Medical education programmes.(MEU)
Department of Anatomy Publications
Total number of publications - 36 (all indexed)
- V.Balasubramanyam, R.Shubha, R.Roopa, I.M.Thomas ''Computer assisted teaching - A trial for the nursing course" Trends in Medical Education 1996: 3(1):3-5
- Ravindranath.R, Shubha.R, Nagesh.H.V, Johnson.J, Rajangam.S. "Dermatoglyphics in rheumatoid arthritis" Indian Journal of Medical Sciences 2003:57(10): 437-441
- T.K.Jyothilakshmi, Sayee Rajangam, Radhika " CT Scan of the brain in Down syndrome" Anatomica Karnataka 2003 : Vol – 1, No: 4: 70 – 73.
- T.K.Jyothilakshmi, K.Y.Manjunath, V.Balasubramanyam. "Accessory Inferior Thyroid Artery" Anatomica Karnataka 2004 : Vol – 1, No: 5: 1 – 3.
- R.Shubha, V.Balasubramanyam, Sayee Rajangam. "Attendance at lecture: Should it be mandatory?"NTTC Bulletin (JIPMER) 2007:14(2):7-9
- C.A. Ashwini , R. Shubha, K.S.Jayanthi. “Comparative Anatomy of the Circle of Willis in man,cow,sheep,goat and pig”. Neuroanatomy 2008:7:54 – 85
- Sayee Rajangam, Roopa Ravindranath, Shubha R, Nagesh H.V and Job Johnson. “Dermatoglyphics in Rheumatoid Arthritis- qualitative analysis”. Anthropologist 2008: 10 (3) : 233 – 235.
- Lalitha C , Sayee Rajangam. “Karyotyping and microdeletion Y study in Male infertility”. OBG & Gynaec Today 2008 : Vol XIII, No2 : 82 – 85.
- Akhilandeswari B., Shubha R. “Study of origin of Musculocutaneous nerve”. Anatomica Karnataka 2009 : Vol 3 , No: 3: 31-34.
- Suman U, Jayanthi K.S. “Persistence of median artery in the palm”. Anatomica Karnataka 2009 : Vol – 3, No: 3: 58 – 61.
- ShruthiB N , Shubha R. “Precaval right renal artery- A case report” Anatomica Karnataka 2010 : Vol 4 No: 3: 49-51
- Akhilandeshwari B, Shubha R. “Branches of musculocutaneous nerve – a study ” Anatomica Karnataka 2010 : Vol 4 No: 3: 52-55
- Archana R, Rajini T. “A Rare Congenital Anomaly of Lung – A case report” Anatomica Karnataka 2010 : Vol 4 No: 3: 56-59
- Pushpa Gowda, Jayanthi K S. “Study of Umbilical cord in Normal and Hypertensive Pregnancies” Anatomica Karnataka 2010 : Vol 4 No: 2: 17-22
- Shruthi B N, Shubha R. “Correlation of caliber of main renal artery with that of accessory renal artery” Anatomica Karnataka 2011 : Vol 5 No: 3: 30-33.
- Suman U, K S Jayanthi. “Inca – Interparietal (Inca ) Bone : A case report” International Journal of Anatomical Variations 2011: 4: 90-92
- Suman U, K S Jayanthi. “A study of complete superficial palmar arches formed entirely by ulnar artery” Journal of Anatomical Society of India. December 2011 Vol. 60 ( 2 ).
- Suman Tiwari, K Jeyanthi.“ Study of origin of inferior phrenic arteries from the coeliac trunk”.Anatomica Karnataka, 2012, Vol 6 (3), 38 – 41
- Akhilandeshwari B, Shubha R. “ Communication between musculocutaneous nerve and median nerve – A study” Int J Cur Res Rev, April 2013, Vol 5 (8), 32 – 40
- Shubha R, Sudarshan Babu K G, Mekala D, Jeyanthi K, Lalitha C. “ An anatomical study of variations in termination of brachial artery: embryological basis and clinical implication”. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences, July – August 2013, Vol 9 (1), 68 – 75
- Sudarshan Babu K G, Shubha R, Mekala D, Lalitha C, Jeyanthi K. “ Relation of median nerve to brachial artery: variations, embryological basis and clinical significance” .IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences, Sept – Oct 2013, Vol 9 (5), 56 – 59
- Pushpa N B, Roshni Bajpe.“ Biceps brachii with third head: a case report”.International Journal of Scientific Research,2013:2(8):179-180
- Lalitha C, Ranganath V, Sayee R. “ Anatomical and Developmental abnormalities associated with hypogonadism and infertility in males” World Research Journal of Anatomy, 2013, Vol 1 (1), 14 – 17
- Lalitha C, Sayee R, Apoorva D. “ Environmental / Occupational factors and seasonality of birth – male infertility” Internationl journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Sept 2013, Vol 3 (9), 1 – 3
- Apoorva D, Lalitha C. “ Unascended left kidney with malrotation: a rare congenital anomaly” Internationl journal of Science and Research, Sept 2013:2(9):54 – 56
- Jeyanthi Krishnamurthy, Jyothi Lakshmi Gaddehosur Lakshminarayan. “ Supracondylar process of the humerus – a case report”. International Journal of Anatomical Variations, 2013, 6 : 98 – 100
- Suman Tiwari, K Jeyanthi. “ Study of coeliac trunk – length and its branching pattern”. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences, July – August 2013, Vol 8 (6), 60 – 65
- Jeyanthi Krishnamurthy, Lalitha Chandra, Shubha Rajanna.“ Morphometric study of foramen spinosum in human skulls” Int J Cur Res Rev, July 2013, Vol 5 (14), 44 – 48
- Jyothi Lakshmi T K, Gautham B V, Sarala H S. “ A novel geometrical approach to learn the actions of extraocular muscles” IOSR Journal of Research & Method in Education, May - June 2013, Vol 1 (5), 9 – 11
- Jyothi Lakshmi T K, Sarala H S, Gautham B V.“ Anatomical significance of the nerve to pyramidalis muscle: a case report” Anatomica Karnataka, 2013, Vol 7 (1), 41 – 44
- Lalitha C, Sayee R, Jeyanthi K, Shubha R “ Hormonal factors associated with hypogonadism and infertility in males – chromosomal abnormality” IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences:2013:10 (1), 71 – 75
- Pushpa.N.B, Roshni Bajpe, Shubha.R. “Completely ossified Supra scapular ligament-A Case report” International journal of current research review,2013: 5(17): 79-81
- Jayakumar.V.R, Roshni Bajpe, Shubha.R. “The Nerve supply to Extensor carpi radialis brevis muscle- A Study International journal of current research review 2013: 5(17): 116-123
- Archana.R, Shashirekha.M, Geetanjali.B.S. “The Study of micro nucleus index in patients presenting with pre malignant lesions” International Journal of health sciences and research 2013: 3(11): 56-60
- Jayakumar.V.R, Roshni Bajpe, Shubha.R. “Variation in the insertion of Brachialis muscle- A Case report. International Journal of Science and Research 2013:Vol 3(2)
- Pushpa Gowda, Jayanthi K S. “Morphological and morphometrical study of placenta in Normal and Hypertensive Pregnancies” National journal of clinical anatomy:2014 :Vol 3(1):24-28