Department of Paediatrics
|SL NO||NAME OF THE TEACHER||Designation||Degree||E Mail|
|1||Dr S.Srinivasa||Professor & HOD||MDemail@example.com|
|2||Dr H.T Yashoda||Professor||DNBfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Dr Murali B.H||Professor||MDemail@example.com|
|4||Dr Chandrakala P||Associate Professor||MDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Dr Poornima Shankar||Associate Professor||MD,DCHemail@example.com|
|6||Dr Madhu G.N||Associate Professor||MDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||Dr Sunil B||Associate Professor||MD|
|7||Dr Ramya H.S||Assistant Professor||MDemail@example.com|
|9||Dr Siva saranappa S.B||Assistant Professor||MDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|10||Dr Girish N||Assistant Professor||MDemail@example.com|
|11||Dr Chaitra K.M||Lect./Asst Professor||MD, FPICfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|13||Dr Mohan Kumar N||Lect./Asst Professor||MDemail@example.com|
|14||Dr Shylaja C.G||Lect./Asst Professor||MDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|15||Dr Sneha R||Sr Resident||MDemail@example.com|
|16||Dr. VARSHINI .P||Sr Resident||MD|
|17||Dr. Shruthi S||Sr Resident||MBBS|
|18||Dr.Shreekanta J T||Sr Resident||MBBS|
Department of Paediatrics Activity
Celebrates Newborn week
Conducts school health programme.
Celebrates World Breast feeding week.
Conducts Physiotherapy and Nursing classes.
Celebrates Childran's day and ORS day every year.
KIMS Hospital is certified as Baby friendly Hospital.
Undergraduate quiz of India Acadamy of paediatrics programme every year.
Baby friendly hospital promoting supporting and protecting the breast-feeding.
Conducts classes for PGDMCH students of Indira Gandhi National Open University.
Conducts special clinics in cardiology nephrology and hematology and well baby clinics.
Participates in the National Polio Surveillance programme and other national programmes.
Department of Paediatrics Publications
1. Megalo urethra Case study published in perinatology Journal Perinatology. Jul-sep 2011.
2. Correlation of maternal MAC and IUGR: journal of perinatology, dec 2013
3. Prediction of neonatal hyperbilirubinemia by estimation of cord bilirubin: J.perinatalogy:Journal of Perinatology & Neonatal Care ,Vol 14 ,Issue 14, Jan – March 2014.
4. Case report: leigh’s disease dec 2013. Journal of Perinatology & Neonatal Care ,Vol 14 ,Issue 14, Jan – March 2014.
5. Clinical study of birth asphyxia with hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy: PERINATALOGY JOURNAL (ACCEPTED)
6. Incidence of Congenital Hypothyroidism, JEMDS .JAN 2014
7. A Study Of Clinical, Bacteriological Profile And Therapeutic Options In Empyema Thoracis In Children’ `Karnataka Pediatric Journal considered to be published in August issue 2014.
8. Zn deficiency associated with febrile convulsions. JEMD, March 2014 issue.
Dr Yashoda H.T
1. Sagital abdominal diameter to measure visceral adipose tissue in overweight or obese children and its role as a marker of insulin resistance- ICMR approved study 2013-1
2. opportunistic screening of asymptomatic adolescent obese children for pre diabetes: poster presentation in national conference
3. Knowledge of vaccination among the nursing student. Journal of evaluation of Medical & Dental sciences 2014, Vol 3, issue 19,page 5021-5029
Dr Murali B.H
1. AIOS V/S IMNCI in community acquired Pneumonia. J of Evolution of Medical & Dental Sciences / vol 3/ issue 12/ Mar 24.2014
2. Usefulness of acute illness observation score in community acquired pneumonia. ICMR Website ref ID 2013-02100
3. Study of electrolyte status, glucose and uric acid levels in perinatal asphyxia J of Evaluation of Med and Dent Sci / Vol 3/Issue 18, May 05 page 4786- 4790
1.Validation of pulmonary score in the evaluation of acute exacerbation of sthama J of Evaluation of Med and Dent Sci Vol.3 10th March 2014
2. Screening of preschool children for blood lead levels at KIMS Hospital J of Evaluation of Med and Dent Sci / Vol 3/Issue 11/Mar. 17. 2014
Dr Poornima Shankar
1) A STUDY OF HEARING EVALUATION FOR NEONATES WITH HYPERBILIRUBINEMIA USING OTOACOUSTIC EMISSION AND BRAIN STEM AUDITORY EVOKED RESPONSE. JEMDS MARCH 2014 Vol 3 ISSUE 10 .
2)A CLINICAL STUDY ON INCIDENCE OF RETINOPATHY OF PREMATURITY CHANGES IN PRETERM INFANTS AND ASSOCIATED RISK FACTORS IN A TERTIARY CENTRE. JEMDS MARCH 2014 Vol 3 ISSUE 10 . 3) A STUDY OF CRANIAL USG ON HIGH RISK NEONATES IN NICU.JEMS VOL3 ISSUE 15
Dr Madhu G.N
1. Skeletal dysplasia pediatric-oncal july/sep 2012 Vol 9 issue 3 Dr Sivasaranappa SB, Dr G,N Madhu, Dr Lakshmi V
2. A study of urinary tract infection in neonatal sepsis. JEMDS vol 3; issue 5; feb 2014 1235-1239
3. A Study of disease pattern and outcome of newborns admitted to NICU in a tertiary care hospital JEMDS Vol 3; issue 5; feb 2014 1113-1118.
Dr Ramya H.S
1. jeune syndrome: dr H.S.Ramya. BJMP 2013;6(1):a617
2. INCIDENCE OF CONGENITAL HYPOTHYROIDISM JEMDS,jan 2014,vol3,issue1 page95-99JEMDS .JAN 2014
3. Tubercular pleural effusion in adolescents. Ramya H.S, Mohan Kumar N, Soumya A. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2014; vol.3 Issue 15, April 14; Page 4105-4110.
Dr Harish J
1).Adolescent Smoking – A study of Knowledge, Attitude and Practice in High School Children- Dr.Shashidhar. Dr.Harish & Dr.S.R.KeshavaMurthy Pediatriconcall Page 1-2 Volume 8 Issue 1 March
2) Imidacloprid poisoning resulting in death. Dr. Harish J, Dr. Girish N, Dr. Nisarga R. Pediatric oncall vol 8, issue 12, Art 79 dec 2011
Dr Siva saranappa S.B
1).Panophthalmitis in dengue feaver Indian pediatrics sep 2012 Vol 49 Dr SivaSaranappa SB & Dr Sowbhaghya 2. Skeletal dysplasia pediatric-oncall july/sep 2012 Vol 9 issue 3. Dr Sivasaranappa SB, Dr G,N Madhu, Dr Lakshmi V 3. A study of disease pattern and outcome of newborns admitted to NICU in a tertiary care hospital JEMDS vol 3. issue 5; feb 2014 1113-1118. Siva saranappa SB, Madhu GN, Ritesh singh. 4. A study of urinary tract infection in neonatal sepsis. JEMDS vol 3; issue , feb 2014 1235- 1239. Madhu GN, Siva saranappa SB, Paras Kawar
Dr Girish N
1. Facial defect – Teratoma of face-Dr. Girish N, Pediatric Oncall, page 83: vol 8: issue 3: jul-sep 2011.
2. Imidacloprid poisoning resulting in death. Dr. Harish J, Dr. Girish N, Dr. Nisarga R. Pediatric oncall vol 8, issue 12, Art 79 dec 2011
3. Evolving trends: Hyperbilirubinemia among newborns delivered to Rh negative mothers in Southern India, Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 2013;Nov,Vol 7(11),2508-2510.
1. Knowledge of vaccination among the nursing student Journal of evaluation of Medical & Dental sciences 2014, Vol 3, issue 19,page 5021-5029
Multiple Neurocysticercosis (more than 400 lesions) with intraventricular involvement. Journal of Pediatric Neurology 9(2011)475-478
Dr Mohan Kumar .N
1.Case report on ullrich congenital muscular dystrophy-Type 6 collagen defect-Current pediatric research. Vol 14, No 2 (2010-07-2010-12)
2. Tubercular pleural effusion in adolescents. Ramya H.S, Mohan Kumar N, Soumya A. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2014; vol.3 Issue 15, April 14; Page 4105-4110.